I made these two hats using my Lionbrand Homespun Acrylic/Polyester yarn. I hate crocheting with this yarn. I had forgotten how much. It snags on the hook every other time you pull a loop through. I have lots of it, though. I bought it super cheap at a yard sale, and I need to use it. It is nice and bulky which makes it work well for this pattern.
As you can probably see for yourself, I have been changing the pattern, trying new things with the shape. That is why I have not posted the pattern, yet. I have done these two and the other one yesterday, just free hand figuring as I go, and holding it up to judge the size. So far I really like them all, but they are each unique. I am taking notes so I can reproduce each one.
The green one has a small "stem" and is more bell shaped.
I tapered this one back in at the bottom to make it cute and round. It fits more snugly at the ears, which I like. The stem is longer and more gradually tapered. This one makes me think of Dr. Seuss. I made it Molly's school colors, just in case she likes it. Although I posted it on Etsy for sale so I might have to make her a new one.
I didn't cut the yarn between stripes I just ran it along the inside to the next row. You can tell on the inside but it makes it much easier.
From the top it is kind of fun.
A closer look at the point. I love it. I don't know if it will be fun to sit in the car in. I hate it when my hat/hood touches the roof of the car when I'm driving.
Here is a link to my etsy postings if you would like to see them:
An the listing from yesterday:
Have a wonderful day!