Thursday, February 7, 2013

Silly Wool Hat: A New Crochet Hat Pattern

I have been thinking about a very silly hat design, ever since I made the boob hats.  I knew I wanted a bulky yarn, something colorful.  I looked through my stash and found some odds and ends I need to use up.  I had two small balls of 2 ply hand pained, almost felted looking bulky yarn.  One is bright bold colors and the other more of a pastel blend. At first I tried to make the hat from just the brighter color, but soon found that I would run out long before I was done. The only thing to be done, then, was to use alternating stripes of both.  As it was I barely had enough to finish the hat.  Here it is:

The colors turned out even crazier than I could have imagined, but I love the shape. I wish I had more of this type of yarn.  I think I might try spinning up our woolpaca/angora blend to this thickness.

This is looking down at it.  With two solid colors it might have been more interesting from this perspective, but who looks at a hat from here anyway?


The tip just stays up just like this.  It is very sturdy.

Here are my notes I figured and jotted as I worked, so I wouldn't forget how I made it.  I will try to write a pattern of it for my next post.
 
Have a good evening, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment